1. Used a real wood burning fire (not gas).
2. Was lit properly so that the fire didn’t overexpose the shot.
3. A fire that filled the entire screen of a wide screen television as well as a regularly formatted TV.
4. Had no cheesy hearths to distract from the fire’s magnificence.
5. Allowed the viewer to control what stage of the fire they wanted to see.
We believe that addressing these issues with a professional DVD has allowed us to create the best virtual fireplace available.
There are two basic aspect ratios 16:9 (widescreen) and 4:3 (standard) so look for these while you are searching your DVD player’s menu. We shot the DVD in Anamorphic, which will allow it to switch between 16:9 and 4:3 formats without any issues.
If you are getting the black bars at the top and bottom of your TV screen, you will need to access your dvd player’s menu (found on the remote). On your DVD player menu there should be an option to change the format (aspect ratio) so that the DVD displays properly on your screen without the black bars. This is how our DVDs are able to play on both widescreen and regularly formatted TVs.
This DVD has been tested in a wide variety of widescreen and standard screen TVs and displays full screen on both TV formats.
Enjoy a real wood burning fire (not a gas log imitation)!
Recorded to provide the highest spectrum of flame color.
Dolby Digital Sound of the actual wood burning fire snapping and crackling!
Fill the entire screen of widescreens and standard sized screens! (no annoying letterbox “black bars”)
Easy to loop any of the three phases (beginning, middle, end) or play all three in sequence.